Sunday, November 1, 2009

Small Beginnings - Seth's Blog

This is a regular blog post dedicated to blogging the blogs of one of the most successful bloggers in the blogsphere.
Sethie Godiney is the diminutive sidekick to Seth Godin, an internet marketing guru, by my own unimaginative and lazy summation.

I was quite heartened by a recent post my older brother put up on his site (by the way you should check it out even if you're not interested in marketing, don't take it from me! - ).
People tend to follow the herd. Believe urban myths (Sweden has the highest suicide rate in the world springs to my mind, according to wikipedia's most recent stats that dubious accolade belongs to another Northern European country, Lithuania, with Estonia falling higher up the scale than Sweden. Not that this is something that can (or perhaps should) be easily quantified of course).
Nothing new there, that people follow the crowd I mean, but it means that organizations, companies, even blogs need to have people believe in their product, but that's not going to happen over night, he writes. In fact everything starts with a small cadre, as he puts it, of maybe 10 believers which will then grow. I say this is heartening, since I just need to get 10 followers for the puumaja crew (currently zero!) and we're on our way!
Nice one, Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger