Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Do the Thing and You Will Have the Power

..so said Ralph Waldo Emerson, and now my big brother Seth Godin has reiterated it in his own admirable style. Very few of us (in fact none of us) 'feel' like getting up on a regular morning or doing the things we're supposed to, and yet we still scrape through somehow. That's just because, once you start to do something, no matter how much of a running jump was required, you find yourself warming up to it. Procrastinate too much and you'll end up feeling much more uncomfortable than you do when you start the job. So in essence the way to find the energy to do something is to do it; waiting until you've found the energy to do it is a bit like saying "I'd put some wood on that fire if I could get any heat out of it", or "if I won that marathon I'd start training for it". Maximum respect all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger